CHS wrestlers finish 2-5 at Colby tourament
COLBY — Winning two of their first three duals before dropping their last four, the Concordia High School wrestling team went 2-5 in the Colby Dual Tournament on Friday and Saturday.
Concordia opened with a 40-36 win over St. Francis.
The Panthers were beaten 63-6 by Valley Center before defeating Oakley, 48-35.
Concordia then lost 57-24 to Hays, 52-18 to Goodland, 42-40 to Legend, Colo. and 48-30 to Scott City.
“This was a tough tournament against some traditional powerhouses across the state. We gained some valuable experience for our young wrestlers with seven matches in two days,” Concordia coach Kevin Brown said, “This experience will help us to improve our areas of concern and focus on technique in practices. I am confident these young men will bounce back from a tough weekend of competition and continue to improve over the next couple of weeks.”
Concordia’s Drake Hake won all seven of his matches in the 138-pound class.
Cameron Miller, 106 pounds, and Kyle Marks, 220 pounds, were each 6-1 for the Panthers.
Skyler Hittle finished up 5-2 in the 195-pound class.
James McCabe, 113 pounds, was 3-4.
Stafen Guevara was 2-4 in the 285-pound class.
Isaac Sprague, 126; Keenan Edwards 145 and 152; and Shea Crum, 170, were each 2-5.
Jaden Payeur, 132, and Jared Knapp, 145 and 152, were 1-6.
Blane Payeur, 160, was 0-7.
The Panthers travel to Marysville for a North Central Kansas League dual on Thursday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Panthers reach state tournament for second straight year - May. 16, 2013
- Panthers advance to regional title game - May. 14, 2013
- Fabarez qualifies for 4A state golf tournament - May. 14, 2013
- Tigers end CHS softball season - May. 14, 2013
- CHS grad picks up third win for WSU - May. 13, 2013
- CHS girls finish second at NCKL meet - May. 13, 2013
- Panthers get fifth straight NCKL title - May. 13, 2013
- CCCC track gets three seconds - May. 13, 2013