CJHS has 10 wrestlers place
MANHATTAN — Led by four individual champions, the Concordia Junior High School wrestling team had 10 wrestlers place in the top four at the Little Apple Grapple on Saturday.
Blake Leiszler posted a 2-0 record to place first in the 80A class for Concordia.
Zach Strait was first in the 100A class for the Panthers with a 3-0 record.
Tyler Stupka, 127E, went 3-0 to finish first.
Brent Beaumont won all three of his matches to take first in the 180A class.
Concordia had Timmy Lambert finish third in the 95D class with a 2-1 record.
Rope Dorman, 134A, placed third with a 3-1 record.
Placing fourth for the Panthers include:
Treyton Kindel, 110B, 2-2; Matias Gutierrez, 134B, 2-2; Shaheed Darden, 134D, 1-2; and Austin Higbee, 265D, 1-2.
Kyle Caspers, 90B; Keaton Rudolph, 120A; and Tryston Jochems, 127A, were each 1-2.
Alex Bonebrake, 105B, and Chance LeDuc, 180B, were 0-2.
“This is the first tournament of the year. It is a very good tournament, especially for the beginners. They are all paired with other first-year wrestlers. We had six wrestlers who were wrestling for the first time. Overall, we went 25-20 with four firsts,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Hutch - Mar. 12, 2014
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014