CJHS wrestlers have four league champs
CHAPMAN — Led by individual champions Blake Leiszler, Zach Strait, Tracer Workman and Blaze Payeur the Concordia Junior High School wrestling team placed fourth in the North Central Kansas League tournament on Saturday.
Abilene won the tournament with 220 points. Clay Center was second with 167.5 and Marysville was third with 162.
Concordia scored 139 points. Wamego was fifth with 111 and Chapman was sixth with 44.
Leiszler posted a 2-0 record to capture the individual title in the 80-pound class. He was 19-1 on the second.
Strait finished first in the 85-pound class. He was 3-0 on the day, and 19-2 on the season.
Workman also went 3-0 on his way to finishing first in the 120-pound class. He had a 19-2 record.
Payeur, 141 pounds, captured first place with a 3-0 record. He was 15-1 overall.
Concordia had two wrestlers, Brent Beaumont and Baley Kindel, finish second in the tournament.
Beaumont was 2-1, and placed second in the 165-pound class. He had a 16-5 season record.
Kindel was second in the 180-pound class with a 2-1 record. He was 8-11 on the season.
Isai Duenas placed third in the 265-pound class for Concordia by going 2-1. He finished up 11-7.
Alec Ngo went 2-2 to finish fourth in the 75-pound class, and was 20-4 overall.
Kyler Caspers placed fourth in the 90-pound class. He had a 6-13 season record.
Cole Larsen, 105 pounds, finished fourth. He was 2-2 in the tournament and 15-8 overall.
Other Panthers competing in the tournament, their tournament records and season records include:
Rope Dorman, 115, 1-2, 15-7; Braden Brownell, 134, 0-2, 3-16; and Payten Reed, 148, 1-2, 4-6.
“Overall, our dual record was 9-6, which without a full squad, I felt was respectable. Having only 13 of the possible 18 weight classes filled, I felt we did quite well by placing in the top four. The three teams ahead of us had more wrestlers which allowed them more opportunities to score,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said, “Overall, I felt we wrestled fairly well. We had some kids defeat some people who had beaten them earlier in the year.”
Shylan Koch, 80 pounds, and Billy Bechard, 115 pounds, went 1-1 and placed second in the junior varsity tournament for Concordia.
Keaton Rudolph, 115 pounds, was third with a 3-1 record.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013