CJHS wrestlers host tournament
Concordia posted a 1-4 record to place fifth in the junior high dual wrestling tournament it hosted on Saturday.
The Panthers defeated Marysville, 56-36. They lost 78-30 to Abilene, 70-24 to Clay Center, 57-36 to Riley County and 68-36 to Salina South.
Clay Center went 4-1, and defeated Abilene to win the tournament.
Abilene was also 4-1. Riley County, 3-2, finished third. Salina South was 2-3 to place fourth.
Concordia had Zach Strait, 100 pounds, and Brent Beaumont, 180 pounds, win all five matches on the day.
Blake Leiszler, 80 pounds, and Rope Dorman, 134 pounds, were each 4-1 for the Panthers.
Timmy Lambert, 95 pounds, was 3-2.
Kyler Caspers, 90 pounds; Keaton Rudolph, 120 pounds; Tryston Jochems, 127 pounds; and Austin Higbee, 265 pounds, finished 2-3.
Treyton Kindel, 110 pounds, and Matias Gutierrez, 141 pounds, were 1-4.
Alex Bonebrake, 105 pounds, was 0-5.
“This was a big day for wrestling with most of the young men getting five matches, which is the maximum allowed for one day,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said, “Overall, there was a vast improvement from one week ago. We still have a lot of work to do from the bottom position. We were leading many matches only to get turned and pinned. Hopefully, this will improve with experience.”
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014