CJHS wrestlers place fourth in league
CLAY CENTER — The Concordia Junior High School wrestling team placed fourth in the North Central Kansas League Tournament on Friday.
Concordia scored 137.5 points.
Abilene won the tournament with 213 points. Marysville was second with 209.5 and Clay Center was third with 145.5.
Blake Leiszler went 3-0 to place first in the 80-pound class for Concordia.
Zach Strait won all three matches to finish first in the 100-pound class.
Rope Dorman, 134 pounds, placed first with a 2-0 record.
Brent Beaumont captured first in the 180-pound class with a 3-0 record.
Kyler Caspers was 1-1, and finished second in the 90-pound class.
Concordia had Keaton Rudolph place third in the 120-pound class. He was 2-1.
Fourth-place finishers were Timmy Lambert, 95 pounds; Alex Bonebrake, 105 pounds; Tryston Jochems, 127 pounds; and Matias Gutierrez, 141 pounds.
"It was very rewarding to have four champions, more than any other team. It's very hard to compete in a team race when we have no one competing in five weights. We also placed nine of the 13 wrestlers we had competing. Zach Strait and Brent Beaumont finished undefeated for the season," Concordia coach Doug Moore said.
In the junior varsity tournament, Concordia's Tyler Stupka, 134 pounds, and Chance LeDuc, 180 pounds, placed first.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014