CJHS wrestlers place third
Posting a 3-2 record, the Concordia Junior High School wrestling team placed third in the dual tournament it hosted on Saturday.
Abilene won the tournament with a 5-0 record. Clay Center was 4-1 to finish second.
Concordia lost 63-38 to Abilene and 56-44 to Clay Center.
The Panthers defeated Riley County 68-30, Marysville 48-46 and Salina South, 53-45.
Three Concordia wrestlers went unbeaten, 5-0, on the day including Alec Ngo, 75 pounds; Zach Strait, 85 pounds; and Blaze Payeur, 141 pounds.
Blake Leiszler, 80; Rope Dorman, 120; Tracer Workman, 127; and Brent Beaumont, 165, were each 4-1.
Cole Larsen, 105, and Jacob Palmquist, 148, were 3-2.
Isai Duenas, 265, was 2-2.
Billy Bechard, 110, finished 2-3.
Kyler Caspers, 90; Davin Strait, 100; Braden Brownell, 134; and Baley Kindel, 180, were 1-4.
Nathan Robinson, 115, was 0-4.
“This was a great tournament to get kids quality mat time. Most wrestlers had five matches during the day, which is the maximum allowed in one day,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said, “We had 16 wrestlers compete, and 10 had winning records. There were no individual placings recorded. As always, I am looking for improvement as a team. We still have many areas of technique we can improve on.”
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Co-op defeats American Legion, 13-9 - Jun. 19, 2013
- Family Health Mart wins, 9-6 - Jun. 18, 2013
- Swim team competes at York - Jun. 18, 2013
- F&A Food Sales sweeps CNB - Jun. 17, 2013
- American Legion clips Lions - Jun. 17, 2013
- Blues win all four in Hebron tournament - Jun. 17, 2013
- Funk Pharmacy beats Co-op - Jun. 14, 2013
- 16th Street Car Wash wins, 7-2 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Hurricanes host to swim meet - Jun. 14, 2013
- CNB splits with Bandits - Jun. 14, 2013