CJHS wrestlers split duals
CLAY CENTER — The Concordia Junior High wrestling team split a pair of duals in a triangular on Tuesday.
Concordia was beaten 54-47 by host Clay Center and rolled to an 84-18 victory over Rock Creek.
Eight Concordia wrestlers went 2-0 in the triangular including Alec Ngo, 75 pounds; Blake Leiszler, 80 pounds; Zach Strait, 90 pounds; Cole Larsen, 105 pounds; Tracer Workman, 127 pounds; Blaze Payeur, 141 pounds; Brent Beaumont, 165 pounds; and Isai Duenas, 265 pounds.
Shylan Koch, 85, was 1-0.
Devon Davis, 100; Billy Bechard, 110; Nathan Robinson, 115; Rope Dorman, 120; Payten Reed, 155; and Bailey Kindel, 180, were 1-1.
Kyler Caspers, 85, was 0-1.
Braden Brownell, 134, was 0-2.
Keaton Rudolph, 115, was 1-1 in junior varsity matches. Davin Strait, 105, was 0-1.
“This was our first dual for many of our wrestlers and they got to experience the team concept,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said, “Every point counts, and this was especially true against Clay Center where the outcome hinged on one match. It was a quick turnaround from Saturday, and we didn’t get enough time to work on mistakes. Hopefully, with three practices between now and Saturday we can show improvement.”
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014