Cloud County gets win over Concordia JV
BEATRICE, Neb. — Four players scored in double figures to lead the Cloud County Thunderbirds to an 83-60 win over the Concordia (Neb.) College junior varsity in the first round of the Rhiannon Memorial Classic hosted by Southeast Community College.
Ed Dyson was 8 of 18 from the field and three of five from the free throw line in scoring 19 points for Cloud County. He also had 11 rebounds.
Connor McDaniel tossed in 16 points for the T-Birds. He was 7 of 16 from the floor, including two of three from three-point range.
Marcus Fillyaw hit four of five field goal attempts, including a pair of threes, in scoring 10 points. The freshman point guard also handed out six assists.
James Williams also scored 10 points. He was three of four from the field and three of four from the line.
Alioune Mboup pulled down 11 rebounds for Cloud County.
The T-Birds led the game 44-31 at halftime.
Cloud County scored 39 points in the second half and limited Concordia to 29.
“We didn’t play very well at all,” Cloud County coach Chad Eshbaugh said, “We jumped out to a quick lead and really didn’t stay focused. Winning and losing is always important, but you want to improve, and I didn’t think we got any better based on how we played.”
Cloud County finished 33 of 75 from the field for 44 percent and 11 of 19 from the free throw line for 58 percent.
The T-Birds made 6 of 12 three-point attempts and had a 57-17 rebounding advantage.
Robbie Wacker scored 18 points for Concordia. Kevin Busch scored 10 points.
Concordia was 19 of 47 from the floor for 40 percent and 15 of 18 from the line for 83 percent.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014