Cloud County sweeps Southeast
Scoring eight runs in a three-inning stretch, the Cloud County Community College baseball team knocked off Southeast (Neb.) Community College 9-2 in the second game of a doubleheader Wednesday at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Cloud County won the first game of the twinbill 4-3, and trailed 2-1 through three innings in the second game.
The Thunderbirds (8-9) scored three runs in the fourth inning, one in the fifth and four in the sixth.
Jesse Rall led off the bottom of the fourth with a double, and Chase Reibenspies followed with a single.
Roger Diaz singled with one out to drive in two runs.
Diaz scored on a base hit by Austin White to give Cloud County a 4-2 advantage.
Skye O’Neil walked and scored on a double by Jackson Cain in the fifth inning.
Jordan Brown got the four-run sixth inning started with a single.
White and JD Peterson walked.
Rall knocked in a run with a single.
A ground ball by Reibenspies got White home.
Reibenspies scored on an error to make it 9-2.
Cloud County used three pitchers in the game.
Taylor West started and went two and two-thirds innings. He gave up two runs on four hits, struck out two and walked two.
Brendan Hardaway pitched three scoreless innings to get the win. He allowed two hits.
Steven Federau worked an inning and a third. He gave up one hit and struck out two.
Cain, Rall and Diaz had two hits and drove in two runs each.
Brown, White and Kody Cox had two hits each.
Peterson walked and scored on a ground ball by Rall in the first inning.
Southeast put up two runs on two hits in the top of the third inning, and led 2-1.
In the first game, Cloud County got out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning.
White led off with a walk, O’Neil reached base on an error and Rall followed with a double to knock in White.
Reibenspies walked to load the bases.
Cain was hit by a pitch and O’Neil scored.
Cal Zagurski singled to drive in Rall.
Southeast tied the game with three runs in the top of the second inning.
The T-Birds reclaimed the lead with a run in the bottom of the third.
Rall reached base on an error and scored the go-ahead run.
Cloud County held the Storm scoreless over the final five innings.
Caleb Blumer pitched five innings to get the win. He gave up three runs, one earned, on four hits, struck out six and walked two.
Matthew Forsythe pitched a scoreless sixth inning. He struck out two.
Aaric Woodyard worked the seventh inning for the save.
Rall had two doubles in the game.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013