Cloud County women get two wins in Reiver Classic
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Cloud County rolled to a second win in as many days by blasting shorthanded and overmatched Kennedy-King College 110-25 in the Reiver Classic, hosted by Iowa Western Community College, on Saturday.
Kennedy-King had just five players in uniform, played significant minutes with four players, and at times had just three players on the floor.
Cloud County, which defeated Neosho Community College 66-52 in the opening round of the tournament on Friday, is now 4-1 on the season.
Host Iowa Western knocked off Neosho 61-54 on Saturday.
Cloud County cruised to a 59-17 halftime lead on Kennedy-King, out of Chicago.
The Thunderbirds scored 51 points in the second half to just eight for Kennedy-King.
“It wasn’t good for anybody,” Cloud County coach Brett Erkenbrack said, “The key to the entire weekend is we didn’t get anybody hurt.”
Five Cloud County players scored in double figures, led by Megan Stagner with 21 points. She was 9 of 11 from the field and two of two from the free throw line and also had six rebounds.
Aleesha Coulter tossed in 16 points for the T-Birds.
Raneisha Duncan finished with 14 points and seven rebounds.
Ajai Ford scored 11 points and Brittany Stafford had 10 points and eight rebounds.
Cloud County shot 61 percent (46 of 76) from the field and 75 percent (15 of 20) from the line.
The T-Birds had a 50-16 rebounding advantage.
Donisha Anderson scored 12 points for Kennedy-King.
Cloud County will be playing in the Midland College (Texas) National Invitational Tournament on Nov. 15-17.
The T-Birds take on host Midland College at 8 p.m. Thursday.
Cloud County defeated Midland 54-45 in an earlier meeting this season.
The winner of the first round match will take on the winner of the game between second-ranked Central Arizona and Angelina College on Friday. The losers will play on Friday.
The tournament also includes fourth-ranked Trinity Valley Community College and ninth-ranked Northern Oklahoma-Enid.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013