Cloud County's Benard 13th at JK Gold Classic
AUGUSTA — Freshman Keter Benard recorded a 13th-place finish to pace the Cloud County Community College men’s cross country team in the JK Gold Classic hosted by Wichita State University on Saturday.
Benard, Eldoret, Kenya, turned in a time of 19:52.80 in his season debut on the 6K course.
Chris Burnett, Wichita State, won the race in 18:37.50.
Quinton Isaacson, a freshman from Scandia, ran 23:21.70 to finsh 57th for Cloud County.
Freshman Hunter Hosler, Valley Falls, finished 61st in 23:58.30.
Shilo Goracke, a sophomore from Hope, crossed in 64th place in 24:05.30.
Brandon Mechels, a freshman from Manhattan, had a time of 25:13.70 to finish 70th.
Freshman Jesse Neilson, Mankato, was 77th in 28:49.80.
The Cloud County women were led by Katie Lambert, a freshman from Concordia, who placed 49th with a time of 17:12.89 on the 4K course.
Sophomore Kendra Alcorn, Mankato, placed 67th in 19:34.46.
Valentine Kitur, a freshman from Nairobi, Kenya, finished 71st in 20:55.83.
Allyne Purdy, a freshman from Salina, was 72nd in 21:00.87.
Sophomore Brianna Wickersham, Belleville, placed 75th in 22:32.53.
Laura Galvan, Kansas State University, won the race in 13:49.72.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014