CNB reaches league semifinals
WASHINGTON — Rope Dorman drew a bases loaded walk to force home Isaac Meyer with the winning run in Citizens National Bank’s 11-10 victory over Clay Center Black in the opening round of the K-18 Baseball League Tournament Thursday night.
The game was tied at 10-10 through seven innings.
Billy Bechard, the third pitcher for Citizens National Bank, shut Clay Center down in the top of the first extra inning.
Meyer led off the bottom of the eighth with a double.
Cole Larsen drew a walk, and Tyler Stupka was walked intentionally to load the bases.
Kyle Bliss popped out to the catcher, but Dorman worked a walk to get the winning run home.
Citizens National Bank will play F&A Food Sales in the semifinals at 6:30 tonight.
With the win, Citizens National Bank qualifies for the K-18 Regional Tournament next week.
Clay Center Black grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning.
Trevor Lowell reached base on an error and scored a run for Citizens National Bank in the bottom of the first.
Scoring four runs in the top of the second inning, Clay Center pushed the lead to 6-1.
Citizens National Bank responded with five runs in the bottom of the first to tie the game at 6-6.
Cole Larsen reached base on an error, and came around to score the first run in the inning.
Stupka walked and scored, and Bliss got aboard on an error and scored a run.
Dorman singled home a run and scored a run.
Matthew James singled and scored.
Citizens National Bank put up two runs in the third inning, and led 8-6.
Meyer singled and scored and Larsen walked and scored.
Each team scored a run in the fourth inning, and it was a 9-7 game.
Bliss walked and scored in the fifth inning, and Citizens National Bank had a 10-7 advantage.
Clay Center picked up two runs in the sixth inning and one in the seventh to tie the game at 10-10 and force extra innings.
Bechard retired the first batter he faced in the top of the eighth inning, but then walked the next two. He got the next two out to keep the game at 10-10.
Citizens National Bank then scored the winning run in the bottom of the eighth.
Bechard, pitching one inning, got the win.
Brent Beaumont worked the first two innings. Larsen pitched in relief.
Meyer had two hits and scored two runs in the game.
Beaumont and James had two hits each. Larsen and Bliss scored two runs each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Late surge pushes Panthers past Buffs - Dec. 11, 2013
- Panthers win second straight - Dec. 11, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers split - Dec. 11, 2013
- Republic County down Panther JV - Dec. 11, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 11, 2013
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013