CNB splits pair with Clifton-Clyde
Citizens National Bank split a pair of games with Clifton-Clyde in a K-18 Baseball doubleheader Tuesday night at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Erupting for 10 runs in the second inning, Citizens National Bank won the first game, 16-2.
Clifton-Clyde posted a 7-5 win the second game.
Trailing 2-0, Citizens National Bank scored six runs in the bottom of the first inning in game one.
Citizens National Bank then sent 15 batters to the plate, and scored 10 runs in the second inning to go up 16-2.
Cole Larsen singled, walked and scored two runs in the inning.
Trevor Lowell walked, was hit by a pitch and scored two runs.
The game ended after three innings.
Billy Bechard pitched all three innings to get the win. He gave up two runs on four hits, struck out six and walked two.
Larsen scored three runs in the game.
Lowell, Bechard, Matthew James, Tyler Stupka and Kyle Bliss scored two runs each.
In the second game, Citizens National Bank led 2-1 after one inning of play.
Clifton-Clyde tied the game with a run in the second inning.
Each team scored two runs in the third inning, and it was 4-4.
Clifton-Cylde put up three runs in the fourth inning to one for Citizens National Bank, and led 7-5.
Citizens National Bank went scoreless in the fifth inning.
James pitched the first four innings for Citizens National Bank. Brent Beaumont worked the fifth inning.
Beaumont had two hits in the game and James scored two runs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014