CNB splits with Bandits
BELLEVILLE — Posting a 7-2 win in the second game, Citizens National Bank earned a split with the Belleville Bandits in a K-18 Baseball doubleheader on Tuesday night.
Belleville won the first game, 9-8.
The second game was tied at 1-1 after one inning of play.
Citizens National Bank scored two runs in the top of the second inning to take a 3-1 lead.
The Bandits closed the gap to 3-2 with a run in the bottom of the inning.
Citizens National Bank added one run in the third inning.
Two runs in the fourth inning and one in the fifth gave Citizens National Bank the 7-2 win.
Cole Larsen pitched all five innings to get the win. He gave up two runs on four hits, struck out eight and walked three.
Trevor Lowell had two hits and drove in two runs for Citizens National Bank.
Kyle Bliss had three hits in three at bats.
Matthew James had two hits and scored two runs.
Brent Beaumont drove in two runs.
In the first game, Citizens National Bank led 1-0 after one inning of play.
Belleville scored two runs in the second inning, and led 2-1.
Six runs on two hits, two walks and a hit batter in the top of the third inning gave Citizens National Bank the lead back at 7-2.
The Bandits responded with seven runs in the bottom of the third, and led 9-7.
James walked and scored a run in the top of the fourth inning to pull Citizens National Bank within a run, 9-8.
Rope Dorman was hit by a pitch with one out in the top of the fifth inning.
Dorman was left stranded at third base.
Beaumont, Tyler Stupka and Lowell pitched for Citizens National Bank.
James scored three runs in the game.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014