Concordia battles back to defeat Abilene
Concordia outscored Abilene 10-5 in the second half to capture a 22-18 victory in eighth grade girls’ basketball play Tuesday night in the Concordia Junior-Senior High School gymnasium.
Trailing 13-12 at halftime, Concordia tossed in six points in the third quarter, and limited Abilene to two points, to go up 18-15.
The Panthers added four points in the final period, to three for Abilene.
Cydney Bergmann and Emily Daniels scored eight points each for Concordia.
The Panthers jumped out to a 10-2 lead in the first quarter.
Concordia managed just two points in the second stanza, and Abilene scored 11 to take the 13-12 halftime lead.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 22-18 by Abilene.
Concordia trailed 13-12 at halftime.
Abilene scored nine points in the second half to six for the Panthers.
Jessica Romo paced Concordia with six points. Daniels added four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014