Concordia girls place second
BELOIT — Getting a top 10 finish by Maggie Lambert, the Concordia High School girls’ cross country team placed second in the Beloit Invitational Thursday at Beloit Country Club.
Lambert turned in a time of 18:07.51 to place ninth for Concordia.
The Panthers, who were without senior Courtney Monzon, scored 52 points in the meet.
Sacred Heart captured the team title with 45 points. Abilene was third with 101.
The Concordia boys finished seventh as a team with 177 points.
Phillipsburg won the meet with 82 points. Sacred Heart was second with 97 and Republic County was third with 110.
Olivia Leif placed 11th in the girls’ race for Concordia with a time of 18:09.85.
Hunter Mendenhall crossed in 15th place in 18:21.91.
Tori Reed finished 16th in 18:24.56.
Mallory Thompson placed 17th in 18:26.39.
Kirstyn Dvorak was 54th in 22:36.02.
Alex Elmore, Sacred Heart, won the race with a time of 16:49.60.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who placed sixth with a time of 17:51.20.
Cody Schmitz finished 39th for the Panthers in 19:56.51.
Devin Kymer placed 44th in 20:07.16.
Marcel Rimrodt was 46th in 20:11.90.
Connor Reynolds finished 68th in 21:36.26.
Josh Timme was 72nd in 21:48.22.
Alex Conn, Beloit, won the race with a time of 16:20.50.
Phillipsburg 82, Sacred Heart 97, Republic County 110, Abilene 114, Bennington 166, Beloit 169, Concordia 177, Minneapolis 200, Stockton 200, Plainville 210, Tescott 277, Southern Cloud 302, Lincoln 316, Lakeside 360.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Conn, Beloit, 16:20.50; 2. Ratzlaff, Phillipsburg, 17:15.22; 3. Sandquist, Sacred Heart, 17:27.56; 4. Kline, Smith Center, 17:47.95; 5. Schwarting, Abilene, 17:50.41; 6. Sprague, Concordia, 17:51.20. 7. Fief, Bennington, 18:06.51; 8. Beals, Southern Cloud, 18:13.66; 9. Brown, Sacred Heart, 18:16.34; 10. Fenger, Republic County, 18:28.15.
Sacred Heart 45, Concordia 52, Abilene 101, Minneapolis 115, Lincoln 116, Beloit 129, Republic County 133, Superior, Neb. 157.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Elmore, Sacred Heart, 16:49.60; 2. Harlow, Lincoln, 17:17.21; 3. Rathbun, Plainville, 17:25.91; 4. Achterberg, Minneapolis, 17:29.46; 5. Schieferecke, Sacred Heart, 17:38.76; 6. Eilers, Plainville, 17:47.98; 7. Aurand, Republic County, 17:52.35; 8. Thibault, Sacred Heart, 18:04.54; 9. Lambert, Concordia, 18:07.51; 10. Giles, Minneapolis, 18:08.20.
OSBORNE — Avenging its only loss of the season, Citizens National Bank thumped Washington County 9-1 in the championship game of the K-18 Baseball East Regional on Saturday night. Washington County had beaten Citizens National Bank in the title game of the league tournament... [More]
Four junior golfers from Concordia recorded first-place finishes in the league competition. Two tournaments were played in Concordia, and one in Clay Center. The low scores were counted. Brennen Acree, Concordia, placed first in the high school boys' division... [More]
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
- CCCC has three claim national titles
- CHS first in JV league tournament
- CHS golfers place at Marysville
Fire Dept./EMS Report At 9:23 a.m., Friday, Medic-5, Truck-2 responded to a smoke alarm activation in the 200 block of West 9th. There was no fire. At 2:33 p.m., Friday, Medic-5,Truck-2 responded to the 400 block of East 9th for a medical call. There was no transport. At 12:37... [More]
Fire Dept./EMS Report At 11:17 a.m., Thursday, Medic-5 responded to the 2000 block of N. 120th Road and transported an 82-year-old male patient to Cloud County Health Center. At 12:14 p.m., Thursday, Medic-5 responded to Nicol Home, Glasco, and transported a 77-year-old female... [More]
By Jessica LeDuc Blade staff writer The Concordia city commission took final action Wednesday night to establish a Tax Increment Financing plan for the City's Downtown Redevelopment Project. The passage of the ordinance is the final step needed to use TIF funds for the... [More]
National Night Out: Your chance to share stories, meet your neighbors By Patrick Sieben It's that time of year once again. The lightning bugs are flitting about, the humidity is doing its thing to curl even the straightest hair and once again our community will be celebrating... [More]