Concordia junior varsity ends season with win
CLAY CENTER — The Concordia High School junior varsity football team raced out to a 30-0 lead and then held on to win 30-22 in the final game of the season last night.
The Panthers got a 6-yard touchdown run by Manny Mares in the first quarter.
Ethan Bechard ran in the two-point conversion, giving Concordia an 8-0 lead.
Mares added a 10-yard touchdown run in the second quarter; Logan Higbee ran in the conversion.
Mares scored once more in the second quarter, hauling in a 15-yard pass from Bechard for a touchdown.
The Panthers led 22-0 at the half.
Mares scored one more time on a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter, Higbee ran in the conversion giving Concordia a 30-0 lead.
The Tigers scored three touchdowns and a pair of two-point conversions in the fourth quarter to make the final 30-22.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014