Concordia’s Miller places third
ROSE HILL — Concordia’s Cameron Miller recorded a third-place finish in the Rose Hill Invitational wrestling tournament on Saturday.
Competing in the 126-pound class, Miller posted a 5-1 record.
Miller, after receiving a bye, won a 7-1 decision over Josh Moore, Augusta, before losing 3-1 to Jerad Heckman, Fort Scott in the quarterfinals.
In the consolation bracket, Miller pinned Seth Leuthiphon, Salina Central. He defeated Moore for a second time, and got Seth Dittman, Valley Center 3-1, before knocking off Cody McDonald, Derby, 6-3 in the third-place match.
Concordia. with wrestlers in just seven weight classes, finished 17th as a team with 40 points.
Derby won the tournament with 205 points. Augusta finished second with 172 and Chanute was third with 155.
Kyle Marks placed sixth in the 220-pound class for Concordia.
Marks pinned Jace Lowe, Wellington, in his opening match and then lost by fall to Quentin Cox, Derby.
After pinning Ian O’Laughlin, Augusta, Marks defeated Caleb Kartowski, 6-1.
Marks lost by fall to Mat Kissinger, Derby, and then fell 7-3 to Francisco Funschelle, Maize South, in the fifth-place match.
Gage Canfield, 132 pounds, picked up two wins for the Panthers.
Canfield lost by fall to Andrew Horn, Wellington. He beat Sam Vanquez, Hutchinson, 10-6 and Dalton Barker, Larned, 4-1, before losing 5-2 to Braden Holle, Valley Center.
James McCabe, 145 pounds, and Zak Romo, 285 pounds, claimed one win each for Concordia.
McCabe, was pinned by John Mangum, Maize South. He pinned Greg Matthews, El Dorado, before losing a narrow 6-4 decision to Brady Vogel, Chanute.
Romo lost by fall to Adam Hess, Valley Center. He beat Dylan Jorns, Mulvane, 1-0 and was then pinned by Nathan Fowler, Derby.
Concordia’s Brenton Edwards, 113 pounds, lost by fall to Nick Omelas, Chanute. He was pinned by Chance Sorell, Salina Central.
Jared Knapp, 160 pounds, was pinned by Tommy Avery, Jayhawk Linn. He lost by fall to Jace Brown, Andover Central.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014