Eight grade tops Riley County
RILEY — Ian Nordell scored 24 points to lead the Concordia eighth grade boys’ basketball team to a 36-23 win over Riley County on Monday.
Concordia had a slim 8-6 lead after one quarter of play.
The Panthers outscored Riley County 8-6 again in the second stanza to go up 16-12 at halftime.
Nordell scored eight of Concordia’s 12 points in the third period, and the Panthers limited Riley County to four points to make it a 28-16 game.
Concordia added eight points in the final period to seven for Riley County.
Blaze Payeur chipped in six points for the Panthers.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 28-20 by Riley County.
Concordia trailed 18-8 at halftime.
The Panthers scored 12 points in the second half to 10 for Riley County.
Jager Sieben scored nine points for Concordia. Davin Strait added five points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014