Eighth grade boys fall to Marysville
Getting off to a slow start, the Concordia eighth grade boys' basketball team fell 45-36 to Marysville in a home game on Monday.
Concordia went scoreless in the first quarter, and fell behind 6-0.
Marysville outscored the Panthers 11-8 in the second period to extend the lead to 17-8 at halftime.
Concordia scored eight points in the third quarter, to 10 for Marysville, and trailed 27-16.
The Panthers poured in 20 points in the final period, but Marysville added 18 to get the win.
Tyler Stupka and Garrett Lawrence scored eight points each for Concordia.
Billy Bechard added seven points for the Panthers.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 36-19 by Marysville.
Concordia trailed 17-7 at halftime.
Marysville tacked on 19 points in the second half to 12 for the Panthers.
Steehl Limon scored four points for Concordia.
Keaton Rudolph and Kurtis Bogart scored three points each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014