Eighth grade boys get win over Chapman
CHAPMAN — Three players scored in double figures to lead the Concordia eighth grade boys’ basketball team to a 45-34 win over Chapman on Thursday.
Ian Nordell paced the Panthers with 14 points. Blaze Payeur scored 13 points and Karl Tyler added 11.
Concordia led the game 13-8 after one quarter of play.
The Panthers were limited to four points in the second stanza, and Chapman scored seven to make it 17-15 at halftime.
Concordia outscored Chapman 13-8 in the third quarter, and led 30-23.
The Panthers added 15 points in the final period to 11 for Chapman.
Chapman slipped past Concordia 20-19 in the B-team game.
Concordia trailed 17-9 at halftime.
The Panthers gave up just three points in the second half, and scored eight.
Baley Kindel scored six points for Concordia, and Ethan Sicard added five points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014