Eighth grade comes up short against Republic Countyu
A fourth quarter charge by the Concordia eighth grade girls’ basketball team came up just short in a 35-33 loss to Republic County Thursday at the Concordia Elementary School.
Concordia trailed Republic County 30-19 after three quarters of play.
The Panthers pumped in 14 points in the final period, and limited Republic County to five points to make the final margin two points.
Jordan Eshbaugh led Concordia with 10 points.
Jennifer Garcia scored nine points for the Panthers, and Allayna Hanson added six points.
Concordia led 6-2 after one quarter of play.
Republic County outscored the Panthers 11-4 in the second stanza to go up 13-10 at halftime.
Scoring 17 points in the third quarter, and giving up nine, Republic County opened up the 30-19 advantage.
In a C-team game which included seventh and eighth graders, Republic County slipped past Concordia, 16-15.
Concordia was up 10-8 at halftime.
Republic County scored eight points in the second half to five for Concordia.
Emily Danielson scored six points for Concordia. Jera Bloomer chipped in four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013