Eighth grade gets win over Republic County
BELLEVILLE — Concordia capped off its regular season with a 35-26 victory over Republic County in eighth grade girls' basketball play Thursday.
The Panthers had a slim 8-7 lead after one quarter of play.
Concordia limited Republic County to one point in the second stanza, and scored 10 to go up 18-8.
Republic County outscored the Panthers 14-8 in the third quarter to close the gap to 26-22.
Concordia added seven points in the final period and gave up just four.
Cydney Bergmann had 15 points, 10 rebounds and six steals for Concordia.
Jessica Williams and Peyton Reynolds chipped in six points each.
Concordia will play in the North Central Kansas League Tournament next week.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014