Eighth grade girls fall in opening round
CLAY CENTER — Marysville dealt the Concordia eighth grade girls’ basketball team a 24-20 defeat in the opening round of the North Central Kansas League tournament on Monday.
Concordia trailed 7-6 after one quarter of play.
The Panthers were limited to two points in the second stanza, and Marysville scored seven to go up 14-8.
Concordia outscored Marysville 6-3 in the third period to close the gap to 17-14.
Marysville tacked on seven points in the final quarter to six for the Panthers.
Jordan Eshbaugh scored 11 points for Concordia. Jennifer Garcia finished with five points and Cameron Collins added four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014