Eighth grade loses season opener to Beloit
BELOIT — The Concordia eighth grade boys’ basketball team dropped its season opener to Beloit 53-24 on Monday.
Beloit bolted to a 24-1 lead in the first quarter.
Concordia was outscored 10-8 in the second period, and trailed 34-9 at halftime.
The Panthers scored 11 points in the third quarter, to eight for Beloit, to make it 42-20.
Beloit added 11 points in the final period, and Concordia scored four.
Cole Larsen paced Concordia with nine points. Ian Nordell scored six points.
Concordia beat Beloit 18-16 in a C-team game.
The Panthers had an 8-7 lead at halftime.
Concordia scored 10 points in the second half to nine for Beloit.
Karl Tyler led the Panthers with five points. Baley Kindel and Ben Peltier added four points each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014