Eighth grade loses to Riley County
The Concordia eighth grade boys' basketball team lost 36-32 to Riley County in a home game on Saturday.
Concordia led the game 8-2 after one quarter of play.
Each team scored eight points in the second period, and the Panthers were up 16-10 at halftime.
Riley County outscored Concordia 13-10 in the third quarter to close the gap to 26-23.
Tossing in 13 points in the final stanza, and limiting the Panthers to six points, Riley County rallied for the win.
Tyler Stupka scored 10 points for Concordia.
Trevor McDaniel added eight points for the Panthers.
The Concordia B-team defeated Riley County, 26-24.
Concordia had a 14-6 halftime lead.
Riley County scored 18 points in the second half, to 12 for the Panthers, to get within two points.
Kyler Caspers led Concordia with six points.
McDaniel, Corey Joyner, Austin Higbee and Steehl Limon scored four points each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014