Eighth grade loses twice
WAMEGO — The Concordia eighth grade boys’ basketball team suffered two losses in the Wamego Tournament on Saturday.
Concordia lost 53-24 to Wamego and 40-31 to Clay Center.
The Panthers trailed Wamego 26-13 at halftime.
Wamego scored 27 points in the second half to 11 for Concordia.
Cole Larsen scored eight points for the Panthers. Ian Nordell added six points.
Concordia and Clay Center were tied at 20-20 at halftime.
The Panthers led 31-28 after three quarters of play, but went scoreless in the final period as Clay Center scored 12 points to get the win.
Nordell tossed in 13 points. Matthew James finished with 11 points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014