Eighth grade loses twice
WAMEGO — The Concordia eighth grade girls’ basketball team suffered a pair of losses in the Wamego Invitational on Saturday.
Concordia fell 29-24 to Wamego, and lost 24-22 to Clay Center.
The Panthers led Wamego 7-3 after one quarter of play.
Outscored 8-2 in the second period, Concordia trailed 11-9 at halftime.
Wamego added 10 points in the third quarter, to seven for the Panthers, and led 21-16.
Each team scored eight points in the final stanza.
Cydney Bergmann scored 13 points for Concordia.
Concordia trailed Clay Center 7-6 after one quarter of play.
The Panthers scored seven points in the second period, and gave up six, to pull even at 13-13.
Clay Center limited Concordia to four points in the third quarter, and scored 10 to go up 23-17.
The Panthers tacked on five points in the final period and limited Clay Center to one point.
Laken Schroeder led Concordia with eight points. Bergmann scored six points.
The Concordia B-team split two games.
Concordia downed Wamego, 14-10.
Cierra Kennedy, Emma Wahlmeier and Maddison Walters scored four points each.
The Panthers lost 22-7 to Chapman.
Delany Trost finished with three points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014