Eighth grade wins
Billy Bechard and Garrett Lawrence combined for 30 points to lead the Concordia eighth grade boys' basketball team to a 40-27 home win over Chapman on Thursday.
Bechard led the way with 19 points.
Lawrence finished with 11 points for the Panthers.
Isaac Mehl added six points for Concordia.
Concordia got out to a 10-7 lead on Chapman.
The Panthers poured in 18 points in the second period, and gave up just six, to make it a 28-13 game at halftime.
Chapman limited Concordia to two points in the third quarter, and scored eight to close the gap to 30-21.
The Panthers added 10 points in the final period to six for Chapman.
The Concordia B-team lost 28-25 to Chapman.
Chapman led the game 16-10 at halftime.
Concordia scored 15 points in the second half to 12 for Chapman.
Trevor McDaniel led Concordia with six points.
Keaton Rudolph and Corey Joyner scored four points each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014