F&A eliminated at K-18 state tournament
LUCAS — Giving up 10 runs in the first inning, F&A Food Sales suffered an 11-1 loss to Colby in the opening round of the K-18 Baseball State Tournament on Saturday night.
Colby had just one hit in the big first inning, but took advantage of seven errors and four walks.
F&A Food Sales finished the season 26-2.
Colby sent 16 batters to the plate in the big first inning.
Brady Holzmeister had a single, walked and scored two runs in the inning.
F&A Food Sales was shut out on two hits over the first four innings of the game by Casey Quaglino.
Ian Nordell led off the top of the fifth inning with a single. He scored on a fly ball by Ethan Bechard, and F&A Food Sales trailed 10-1.
Ben Matchell reached base on an error and scored a run in the bottom of the fifth for Colby to end the game because of the 10-run rule.
Quaglino gave up one run on three hits, struck out five and walked two to get the win.
Colby Trost and Logan Widen did the pitching for F&A Food Sales.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014