Gieber signs at Cowley County
Concordia High School lefthander Nathan Gieber, who has a 19-1 record over the past three seasons, has signed to play baseball at Cowley Community College.
Gieber posted a 7-0 record with a 1.72 earned runs average for a Concordia team that went 22-2 and placed second in the Class 4A state tournament last season. In 53 innings he gave up 31 hits, struck out 76 and walked 18.
A first-team All-North Central Kansas League selection, Gieber hit .328 with 25 runs batted in. He scored 31 runs and stole 13 bases.
Gieber was 6-0 with two saves and a 1.25 earned run average as a junior. He struck out 41 and walked seven in 33 2/3 innings. He had a .547 batting average with 29 runs batted in and 31 runs scored and was an all-League selection.
Appearing in 11 games as a freshman, Gieber was 6-1 with one save and a 4.20 earned run average. He struck out 48 in 48 1/3 innings.
Gieber batted .352 with 19 runs batted in and 19 runs scored.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014