Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — The Cloud County Thunderbirds suffered a 63-60 loss to Northeast (Neb.) Community College in the Iowa Western Classic on Friday.
Shooting just 23 percent (9 of 39) from the field in the first half, the Thunderbirds fell behind the Hawks 29-23.
Cloud County went just 10 of 36 from the floor for 28 percent in the second half, but made up ground on Northeast.
The T-Birds had the ball in the final seconds trailing by three points, but couldn't get a three-point attempt to fall.
Lorenzo Dillard led three Cloud County players in double figures with 17 points. He was 5 of 12 from the field and four of eight from the free throw line and also had six rebounds.
Shaun Stewart hit 5 of 18 field goal attempts and four of seven free throws in scoring 16 points for the T-Birds. He had five rebounds and three steals.
Marvin Smith scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for Cloud County.
Lionel Gomis pulled down 12 rebounds.
The T-Birds shot just 25 percent (19 of 75) from the field and 53 percent (17 of 32) from the line.
Jabbar Washington scored 15 points for Northeast.
Khapri Alston finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Hawks.
Sheed Fairly scored 12 points and Buay Tuach had 11.
The Hawks were 20 of 45 from the field for 44 percent and 19 of 36 from the line for 53 percent.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014