Junior HIgh wrestlers win two duals
SALINA — Concordia won two of three duals in a junior high wrestling quadrangular on Saturday.
The Panthers posted a 60-30 win over Chapman, and got past Hays, 54-48.
Lakewood Middle School defeated Concordia, 54-36.
Concordia had four wrestlers win all three matches, including Blake Leiszler, 80 pounds; Cole Larsen, 105 pounds, Tracer Workman, 120 pounds; and Brent Beaumont, 165 pounds.
Alec Ngo, 75 pounds; Blaze Payeur, 141 pounds; and Baley Kindel, 180 pounds, were 2-1 for the Panthers.
Kyler Caspers, 90 pounds; Rope Dorman, 115 pounds; Braden Brownell, 138 pounds; Payten Reed, 148 pounds; and Isai Duenas, 265 pounds, were 1-2.
Billy Bechard, 110 pounds, was 0-3.
“I thought we wrestled quite well against Chapman and Hays. We then had an hour and a half layoff before wrestling Lakewood. I don’t think the sitting around did us any good. We have to wrestle Lakewood again on Tuesday, and I hope we can do a better job,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said.
In junior varsity matches, Davin Strait, 105 pounds, was 2-0 for Concordia.
Keaton Rudolph was 3-1 in the 115-pound class.
Nathan Robinson, 110, and Russell VandenBroeder, 265, were 0-2.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013