JV boys pick up win
Concordia capped off its season by slipping past Clay Center 42-40 in junior varsity boys’ basketball play Tuesday night in the Concordia High School gymnasium.
Clay Center had a narrow 7-6 lead after one quarter of play.
The Panthers outscored the Tigers 15-13 in the second stanza to go up 21-20 at halftime.
Concordia added nine points in the third quarter, to eight for Clay Center, and led 30-28.
Each team scored 12 points in the final period as the Panthers held on for the win.
Jerod Toogood, who was eight of eight from the free throw line, scored 14 points for Concordia.
Jace Coppoc added nine points for the Panthers, and Gilberth Garcia had eight points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013