JV boys pull away from Smoky Valley
LINDSBORG — Knocking down 14 of 21 free throws in the fourth quarter, the Concordia junior varsity boys’ basketball team pulled away to a 42-27 win over Smoky Valley on Friday night.
Leading the game 26-20, the Panthers pumped in 16 points, 14 from the free throw line, and limited Smoky Valley to seven points.
Concordia had eight different players score in the game led by Christian Wetter and Gilberth Garcia with 12 points each.
Jace Coppoc chipped in nine points.
The Panthers trailed the Vikings 11-9 after one quarter of play.
Concordia outscored Smoky Valley 15-5 in the second period to go up 24-16 at halftime.
The Panthers managed just two points in the third quarter, and Smoky Valley scored four to close the gap to 26-20.
Concordia then put the game out of reach from the free throw line in the final period.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014