JV boys pull away from Smoky Valley
LINDSBORG — Knocking down 14 of 21 free throws in the fourth quarter, the Concordia junior varsity boys’ basketball team pulled away to a 42-27 win over Smoky Valley on Friday night.
Leading the game 26-20, the Panthers pumped in 16 points, 14 from the free throw line, and limited Smoky Valley to seven points.
Concordia had eight different players score in the game led by Christian Wetter and Gilberth Garcia with 12 points each.
Jace Coppoc chipped in nine points.
The Panthers trailed the Vikings 11-9 after one quarter of play.
Concordia outscored Smoky Valley 15-5 in the second period to go up 24-16 at halftime.
The Panthers managed just two points in the third quarter, and Smoky Valley scored four to close the gap to 26-20.
Concordia then put the game out of reach from the free throw line in the final period.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013