JV football gets win over Marysville
The Concordia High School junior varsity football team got out to an 18-0 lead and then held on for a 26-22 win over Marysville at Harold M. Clark Stadium last night.
The Panthers got two first quarter touchdowns.
The first came on a fumble returned for a touchdown by Logan Higbee and the second on a two-yard run by Ian Nordell.
Concordia led 12-0 at the half.
Manny Mares got things going in the second half with a 55-yard touchdown run putting the Panthers on top 18-0.
Marysville scored fourteen straight points to close at 18-14.
The Panthers got a 17-yard touchdown run and two-point conversion by Higbee in the fourth quarter to extend their lead to 26-14.
Marysville scored one more time for the 26-22 final.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014