JV football gets win over Marysville
The Concordia High School junior varsity football team got out to an 18-0 lead and then held on for a 26-22 win over Marysville at Harold M. Clark Stadium last night.
The Panthers got two first quarter touchdowns.
The first came on a fumble returned for a touchdown by Logan Higbee and the second on a two-yard run by Ian Nordell.
Concordia led 12-0 at the half.
Manny Mares got things going in the second half with a 55-yard touchdown run putting the Panthers on top 18-0.
Marysville scored fourteen straight points to close at 18-14.
The Panthers got a 17-yard touchdown run and two-point conversion by Higbee in the fourth quarter to extend their lead to 26-14.
Marysville scored one more time for the 26-22 final.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013