JV tennis team is fourth
CHAPMAN — The Concordia High School junior varsity tennis team placed fourth in the North Central Kansas League Tournament on Monday.
Abilene won the tournament with 18 points. Chapman finished second with 15 points. Marysville also scored 15 points and finished third, and Concordia scored 12 points.
Concordia got first-place finishes from Duaine Otott and Izaiah Grogan in number one doubles and Bailey Kymer and Connor Reynolds in number two doubles.
Josh Timme, number one singles, and Ben Strommen, number two singles, each finished fourth for the Panthers.
Otott and Grogan lost 6-2 to Abilene. They defeated Chapman 6-2 and Marysville, 6-1.
Finishing in a three-way tie for first place, Otott and Grogan won a tiebreaker based on best winning percentage of games.
Kymer and Reynolds opened with a 6-5 (7-2) win over Abilene. They beat Chapman 6-3 and Marysville, 6-3.
Timme lost 6-0 to Abilene’s number one player. He was beaten 6-2 by Chapman’s number one and 6-2 by Marysville’s number one.
Strommen fell 6-1 to Abilene’s number two, 6-0 to Chapman’s number two and 6-2 to Marysville’s number two.
“We saw some good competition, and the guys played some very competitive matches today. The singles field was very strong, and neither Josh or Ben won a match, but I thought they played very well and really showed how much they have improved during the season. Both of the doubles teams played excellent today,” Concordia coach Steven Mitchell said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013