Keter places fifth in national meet
FORT DODGE, Iowa — Cloud County Community College freshman Benard Keter earned first-team All-America honors by placing fifth in the NJCAA National Cross Country Championships at Lakeside Municipal Golf Course.
Keter turned in a time of 25:27.00 on the 8K course.
Harry Mulenga, Central Arizona College, won the race in 24:39.50.
Cloud County had three competitors in the men’s race.
Quinton Isaacson ran 29:40.90 to place 205th for the Thunderbirds.
Shilo Goracke crossed in 234th place in 30:20.10.
Central Arizona claimed the men’s team title with 38 points. Iowa Central Community College was second with 53 points and South Plains College was third with 98.
Katie Lambert, a freshman from Concordia, was Cloud County’s lone competitor in the women’s race. She ran 20:55.90 on the 5K course to place 126th.
Hannah Maina, Iowa Central, won the race in 18:12.60.
Iowa Central captured the team title with 41 points. Central Arizona was second with 96 and Gillette College was third with 173.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014