Keter third in NJCAA Half-Marathon
DALLAS, Ga. — Cloud County Community College’s Benard Keter placed third in the NJCAA Half-Marathon Championship on Saturday.
Keter, a freshman from Kenya, completed the race in 1:09:07.15.
“This is Benard’s first semester in the U.S., and I could not be happier with his hard work and determination through the season. He finishes his first season as a two-time All-American. He has never backed down from a challenge, and it is truly exciting to see him demand more from himself after each race,” Cloud County coach Drew Mahin said.
Keter placed fifth in the NJCAA Cross Country Championships.
Tahir Chakisso, Iowa Central Community College, won the half-marathon in 1:06:11.48. Frankline Tonui, Iowa Central, was second in 1:06:12.36.
Katie Lambert, a freshman from Concordia, placed 40th in the women’s race in 1:42:12.03.
“She has been the epitome of hard work as a student and athlete. She had a great first 10 miles, but hit a bit of a rough patch in the final three. This was a great chance to test her limits and open some more doors as we jump into track workouts for indoor,” Mahin said.
Kendra Alcorn finished 66th for Cloud County in 1:15:13.41.
Allyne Purdy crossed in 76th place in 2:22:28.76.
Andrea Amaro, El Paso Community College, was the individual champion in 1:24:56.05.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014