Lions advance in district tournament
CLIFTON — Scoring nine runs over the final two innings, the Concordia Lions defeated Clifton 12-6 in the Peewee Baseball District Tournament Tuesday night.
Kyle Palmquist reached base on an error and scored on a single by Alex Bonebrake in the top of the first inning to give the Lions a 1-0 lead.
Clifton put up three runs in the bottom of the first.
Two runs in the top of the third inning pulled the Lions even with Clifton at 3-3.
Beau Bonebrake doubled and scored and Chase Parker scored.
Clifton reclaimed the lead at 5-3 with two runs in the bottom of the third.
The Lions went on top to stay, 7-5, with four runs in the top of the fourth inning.
Taylor Gropp, Vaughn Stull and Palmquist walked and scored. Beau Bonebrake singled home a run and scored.
Clifton closed the gap to 7-6 with a run in the bottom of the fourth.
The Lions pulled away to a 12-6 advantage with five runs in the fifth inning.
Aidan Poore and Eastan Atwood led off with singles, and came around to score.
Stull drew a walk and scored a run.
Palmquist knocked in a run with a single and scored.
Beau Bonebrake singled and scored.
Alex Bonebrake had a run-producing double.
Alex Bonebrake was the winning pitcher for the Lions.
Beau Bonebrake had three hits and scored three runs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014