Lowell ties for third in MAIAA golf tournament
SMITHVILLE, Mo. — Northwest Missouri State University junior Cassie Lowell finished in a three-way tie for third place in the Mid America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Women’s Golf Championships played on the Posse Course at the Paradise Pointe Golf Complex.
Lowell, who was the defending champion, shot a 76 on Sunday to tie with Kelsey Kirkpatrick, Northeastern (Okla.) State University and Taylor Neidy, Central Oklahoma University.
The second round of the tournament, scheduled for Monday, was canceled because of poor weather conditions.
Aly Seng, Central Oklahoma, earned medalist honors with a 1-under par 71.
Erica Bensch, Central Oklahoma, finished second with a 75.
Northwest Missouri State finished third as a team with a score of 324.
Central Oklahoma, in its first year in the Conference, won the team title with a 301.
Northeastern State, also in its first year in the Conference, finished second with a 310.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014