Monzon leads Panthers to fourth–place finish
CLAY CENTER — Courtney Monzon placed eighth individually to lead the Concordia High School girls’ cross country team to a fourth-place finish in the Clay Center Invitational Thursday at Clay Center Country Club.
Monzon turned in a time of 17:39.40.
Concordia finished with 98 team points.
Clay Center won the meet with 72 points. Southeast of Saline was second with 80 points and Sacred Heart was third with 91.
The Concordia boys finished 10th with 218 points.
Wamego claimed the boys’ team title with 34 points. Clay Center was second with 84 and Sacred Heart was third with 114.
The Concordia girls had Hunter Mendenhall place 23rd in 18:20.45.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:25.80 to finish 24th.
Olivia Leif crossed in 25th place in 18:34.00.
Mallory Thompson placed 27th for the Panthers in 18:37.69.
Tori Reed was 28th for Concordia in 18:38.37.
Katie Thompson was 45th for the Panthers in 20:03.38.
Allison Seufert, Wamego, won the race in 16:50.37.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who placed 16th with a time of 19:04.63.
Cody Schmitz finished 45th for the Panthers in 21:03.77.
Devin Kyler ran 21:19.78 to place 52nd.
Marcel Rimrodt placed 54th in 21:34.63.
Josh Timme finished 60th in 22:04.43.
Connor Reynolds was 67th in 23:22.00 and Ben Strommen was 70th in 27:39.71.
Blake Dodson, Riley County, ran 17:40.72 to win the race.
Concordia’s Kirstyn Dvorak finished 14th in the girls’ junior varsity race in 23:43.63.
Jackelin Garcia finished 23rd in 26:02.39.
Concordia had Gavin Shuler finish 35th in the boys’ junior varsity race in 24:18.38.
CLAY CENTER INVITATIONAL
Wamego 34, Clay Center 84, Sacred Heart 114, Abilene 115, Riley County 131, Southeast of Saline 139, Chapman 192, Smoky Valley 206, Minneapolis 208, Concordia 218.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Dodson, Riley County, 17:40.72; 2. Sandquist, Sacred Heart, 18:08.74; 3. Siebold, Clay Center, 18:11.55; 4. Smith, Marysville, 18:12.96; 5. Davis, Wamego, 18:22.87; 6. Scherer, Wamego, 18:33.14; 7. Schwarting, Abilene, 18:40.53; 8. Bates, Wamego, 18:47.52; 9. Chrest, Wamego, 18:48.57; 10. Brown, Sacred Heart, 18:49.77.
Clay Center 72, Southeast of Saline 80, Sacred Heart 91, Concordia 98, Wamego 98, Riley County 151, Minneapolis 157, Smoky Valley 178, Abilene 216.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Seufert, Wamego, 16:50.37; 2. Stutterheim, Southeast of Saline, 17:11.98; 3. Pettay, Wamego, 17:18.77; 4. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:21.92; 5. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:23.51; 6. Elmore, Sacred Heart, 17:26.10; 7. Achterberg, Minneapolis, 17:30.43; 8. Monzon, Concordia, 17:39.40; 9. Silvia, Riley County, 17:41.51; 10. Collins, Riley County, 17:44.91.
Last week, Cloud County Community College lost one of a kind with the death of its first head basketball coach Larry Forsythe. Forsythe coached the Thunderbirds from 1966 through 1975, compiling a record of 167 wins and 99 losses. His teams never finished lower... [More]
GARDEN CITY — The Cloud County Community College volleyball team opened the Jayhawk Conference Western Division season with a 3-1 loss to Garden City Community College. Garden City rolled to a 25-15 victory in the first set of the match. Cloud County, now 3-2 overall, evened... [More]
- T-Birds go 3-1 in Southeast tournament
- Blues suffer consecutive losses in state tournament
- Blues win in first round of state tournament
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
Officers arrested a 27-year-old Concordia man Thursday evening, charging him with attempted second degree murder. According to Cloud County Attorney Rob Walsh, Jesus Reyes was arrested after an investigation into life-threatening injuries sustained by a 16-month-old... [More]
District Court CRIMINAL Joseph Leroy Tholstrup appeared Aug. 28 and was found Guilty and Convicted of Disorderly Conduct. He was sentenced to 30 days in the Cloud County Jail, ordered to pay costs of the action, $158, attorney fees of $100 and a fine of $200 by Sept. 3.... [More]
Fire Dept./EMS Report At 6:28 p.m., Thursday, Medic-2 went to Cloud County Health Center for a long distance transfer of an 18-month-old to Salina Regional Health Center. At 1:42 a.m., Friday, Medic-5 went to the 1800 block of Broadway and transported a 53-year-old male to Cloud... [More]
Talking about THINGS . . . Jo Reed, the Salina Journal Jo Reed, recently wrote thoughts related to those uppermost in my mind for lo, these many years. If we were acquainted, I would try to persuade her to come stay all day, so we could interrupt each other... [More]
Dear Editor, Another Relay for Life has come and gone. It was in hopes that the time change this year was going to be a good thing, but with the weather conditions turning from lightning and then rain it was an evening that was cut short. The Relay Committee... [More]