Monzon leads Panthers to fourth–place finish
CLAY CENTER — Courtney Monzon placed eighth individually to lead the Concordia High School girls’ cross country team to a fourth-place finish in the Clay Center Invitational Thursday at Clay Center Country Club.
Monzon turned in a time of 17:39.40.
Concordia finished with 98 team points.
Clay Center won the meet with 72 points. Southeast of Saline was second with 80 points and Sacred Heart was third with 91.
The Concordia boys finished 10th with 218 points.
Wamego claimed the boys’ team title with 34 points. Clay Center was second with 84 and Sacred Heart was third with 114.
The Concordia girls had Hunter Mendenhall place 23rd in 18:20.45.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:25.80 to finish 24th.
Olivia Leif crossed in 25th place in 18:34.00.
Mallory Thompson placed 27th for the Panthers in 18:37.69.
Tori Reed was 28th for Concordia in 18:38.37.
Katie Thompson was 45th for the Panthers in 20:03.38.
Allison Seufert, Wamego, won the race in 16:50.37.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who placed 16th with a time of 19:04.63.
Cody Schmitz finished 45th for the Panthers in 21:03.77.
Devin Kyler ran 21:19.78 to place 52nd.
Marcel Rimrodt placed 54th in 21:34.63.
Josh Timme finished 60th in 22:04.43.
Connor Reynolds was 67th in 23:22.00 and Ben Strommen was 70th in 27:39.71.
Blake Dodson, Riley County, ran 17:40.72 to win the race.
Concordia’s Kirstyn Dvorak finished 14th in the girls’ junior varsity race in 23:43.63.
Jackelin Garcia finished 23rd in 26:02.39.
Concordia had Gavin Shuler finish 35th in the boys’ junior varsity race in 24:18.38.
CLAY CENTER INVITATIONAL
Wamego 34, Clay Center 84, Sacred Heart 114, Abilene 115, Riley County 131, Southeast of Saline 139, Chapman 192, Smoky Valley 206, Minneapolis 208, Concordia 218.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Dodson, Riley County, 17:40.72; 2. Sandquist, Sacred Heart, 18:08.74; 3. Siebold, Clay Center, 18:11.55; 4. Smith, Marysville, 18:12.96; 5. Davis, Wamego, 18:22.87; 6. Scherer, Wamego, 18:33.14; 7. Schwarting, Abilene, 18:40.53; 8. Bates, Wamego, 18:47.52; 9. Chrest, Wamego, 18:48.57; 10. Brown, Sacred Heart, 18:49.77.
Clay Center 72, Southeast of Saline 80, Sacred Heart 91, Concordia 98, Wamego 98, Riley County 151, Minneapolis 157, Smoky Valley 178, Abilene 216.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Seufert, Wamego, 16:50.37; 2. Stutterheim, Southeast of Saline, 17:11.98; 3. Pettay, Wamego, 17:18.77; 4. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:21.92; 5. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:23.51; 6. Elmore, Sacred Heart, 17:26.10; 7. Achterberg, Minneapolis, 17:30.43; 8. Monzon, Concordia, 17:39.40; 9. Silvia, Riley County, 17:41.51; 10. Collins, Riley County, 17:44.91.
HOYT — Getting first-place finishes by Maggie Lambert, Molly Adams, Jessica Williams and the 4x400 relay team, the Concordia High School girls' track and field team won the Class 4A regional meet hosted by Royal Valley High School on Friday. Concordia scored 80 points to... [More]
NICKERSON — The Concordia Panthers made a statement on their way to qualifying for the state baseball tournament for the fourth consecutive season. Top-seeded Concordia blasted second-seeded Nickerson 15-0 in four innings in the regional championship game on Thursday to... [More]
- CHS golf team places sixth at Marysville
- Concordia eighth grade, seventh grade girls finish second
- Kymer captures No. 1 singles title
- CHS JV golfers place eighth in tourney
- T-Birds’ season ends with 3-2 loss to Red Ravens
- CCCC men win three events
- CHS tennis team finishes fifth
- CJHS boys place fourth in meet
Police Dept. report Theft – Lynn Anderson, Concordia, reported at 3:05 p.m., May 24, a theft that had occurred in the 900 block of East 7th. The case is under investigation. Accident – Officers investigated an accident at 3:25 p.m., May 22, that occurred in the 1300... [More]
Criminal Annmarie Davis appeared May 19 for sentencing for Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicant and was sentenced to 11 months in the Cloud County Jail and ordered to pay a fine of $1,000, the costs of the action, $158, a $250 Community Corrections... [More]
During a routine meeting Wednesday evening, the Concordia City Commission heard a favorable report on the 2014 audit. Neil Phillips of Jarred, Gilmore & Phillips, PA, presented the audit and said the city is in compliance with all Kansas cash basis laws. There were... [More]
I read this cute story about a Mother Mouse. She was about to cross a path in the woods with her three babies. Just then, she noticed a cat crouched behind a bush just waiting to pounce. The cat stared without blinking straight at Mother Mouse and Mother Mouse stared right... [More]
Dear Editor, I have five sons who attended USD 333 and currently have 10 grandchildren in this system. So, if you ask me if I care about this school system I will tell you, “ABSOLUTELY.” If you ask if I am concerned about the district, I will answer, “DEFINITELY.” ... [More]