Monzon leads Panthers to fourth–place finish
CLAY CENTER — Courtney Monzon placed eighth individually to lead the Concordia High School girls’ cross country team to a fourth-place finish in the Clay Center Invitational Thursday at Clay Center Country Club.
Monzon turned in a time of 17:39.40.
Concordia finished with 98 team points.
Clay Center won the meet with 72 points. Southeast of Saline was second with 80 points and Sacred Heart was third with 91.
The Concordia boys finished 10th with 218 points.
Wamego claimed the boys’ team title with 34 points. Clay Center was second with 84 and Sacred Heart was third with 114.
The Concordia girls had Hunter Mendenhall place 23rd in 18:20.45.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:25.80 to finish 24th.
Olivia Leif crossed in 25th place in 18:34.00.
Mallory Thompson placed 27th for the Panthers in 18:37.69.
Tori Reed was 28th for Concordia in 18:38.37.
Katie Thompson was 45th for the Panthers in 20:03.38.
Allison Seufert, Wamego, won the race in 16:50.37.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who placed 16th with a time of 19:04.63.
Cody Schmitz finished 45th for the Panthers in 21:03.77.
Devin Kyler ran 21:19.78 to place 52nd.
Marcel Rimrodt placed 54th in 21:34.63.
Josh Timme finished 60th in 22:04.43.
Connor Reynolds was 67th in 23:22.00 and Ben Strommen was 70th in 27:39.71.
Blake Dodson, Riley County, ran 17:40.72 to win the race.
Concordia’s Kirstyn Dvorak finished 14th in the girls’ junior varsity race in 23:43.63.
Jackelin Garcia finished 23rd in 26:02.39.
Concordia had Gavin Shuler finish 35th in the boys’ junior varsity race in 24:18.38.
CLAY CENTER INVITATIONAL
Wamego 34, Clay Center 84, Sacred Heart 114, Abilene 115, Riley County 131, Southeast of Saline 139, Chapman 192, Smoky Valley 206, Minneapolis 208, Concordia 218.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Dodson, Riley County, 17:40.72; 2. Sandquist, Sacred Heart, 18:08.74; 3. Siebold, Clay Center, 18:11.55; 4. Smith, Marysville, 18:12.96; 5. Davis, Wamego, 18:22.87; 6. Scherer, Wamego, 18:33.14; 7. Schwarting, Abilene, 18:40.53; 8. Bates, Wamego, 18:47.52; 9. Chrest, Wamego, 18:48.57; 10. Brown, Sacred Heart, 18:49.77.
Clay Center 72, Southeast of Saline 80, Sacred Heart 91, Concordia 98, Wamego 98, Riley County 151, Minneapolis 157, Smoky Valley 178, Abilene 216.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Seufert, Wamego, 16:50.37; 2. Stutterheim, Southeast of Saline, 17:11.98; 3. Pettay, Wamego, 17:18.77; 4. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:21.92; 5. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:23.51; 6. Elmore, Sacred Heart, 17:26.10; 7. Achterberg, Minneapolis, 17:30.43; 8. Monzon, Concordia, 17:39.40; 9. Silvia, Riley County, 17:41.51; 10. Collins, Riley County, 17:44.91.
OSBORNE — Avenging its only loss of the season, Citizens National Bank thumped Washington County 9-1 in the championship game of the K-18 Baseball East Regional on Saturday night. Washington County had beaten Citizens National Bank in the title game of the league tournament... [More]
Four junior golfers from Concordia recorded first-place finishes in the league competition. Two tournaments were played in Concordia, and one in Clay Center. The low scores were counted. Brennen Acree, Concordia, placed first in the high school boys' division... [More]
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
- CCCC has three claim national titles
- CHS first in JV league tournament
- CHS golfers place at Marysville
District Court CRIMINAL: Jason Charles Ryals appeared July 21 and was found Guilty and convicted of Driving While License Suspended. He was sentenced to 30 days in the Cloud County Jail and ordered to pay a fine of $100, a BIDS Administrative fee of $100 and the costs of this... [More]
Sales tax and compensating use tax received in Cloud County in June (May sales) of this year was up from the amount received in 2013. JoDee LeDuc, Cloud County treasurer, reported at Monday's county commission meeting that the amount received in June was $61,764.02, compared... [More]
Police Dept. Report Accident—Officers investigated a two vehicle Accident at 11:10 a.m., July 18, in the 400 block of West 10th St. involving vehicles driven by James Kearns, Belleville, and Carl Jackson, Concordia. Damage to property—Savannah A. Brockelman,... [More]
National Night Out: Your chance to share stories, meet your neighbors By Patrick Sieben It's that time of year once again. The lightning bugs are flitting about, the humidity is doing its thing to curl even the straightest hair and once again our community will be celebrating... [More]