Monzon leads Panthers to fourth–place finish
CLAY CENTER — Courtney Monzon placed eighth individually to lead the Concordia High School girls’ cross country team to a fourth-place finish in the Clay Center Invitational Thursday at Clay Center Country Club.
Monzon turned in a time of 17:39.40.
Concordia finished with 98 team points.
Clay Center won the meet with 72 points. Southeast of Saline was second with 80 points and Sacred Heart was third with 91.
The Concordia boys finished 10th with 218 points.
Wamego claimed the boys’ team title with 34 points. Clay Center was second with 84 and Sacred Heart was third with 114.
The Concordia girls had Hunter Mendenhall place 23rd in 18:20.45.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:25.80 to finish 24th.
Olivia Leif crossed in 25th place in 18:34.00.
Mallory Thompson placed 27th for the Panthers in 18:37.69.
Tori Reed was 28th for Concordia in 18:38.37.
Katie Thompson was 45th for the Panthers in 20:03.38.
Allison Seufert, Wamego, won the race in 16:50.37.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who placed 16th with a time of 19:04.63.
Cody Schmitz finished 45th for the Panthers in 21:03.77.
Devin Kyler ran 21:19.78 to place 52nd.
Marcel Rimrodt placed 54th in 21:34.63.
Josh Timme finished 60th in 22:04.43.
Connor Reynolds was 67th in 23:22.00 and Ben Strommen was 70th in 27:39.71.
Blake Dodson, Riley County, ran 17:40.72 to win the race.
Concordia’s Kirstyn Dvorak finished 14th in the girls’ junior varsity race in 23:43.63.
Jackelin Garcia finished 23rd in 26:02.39.
Concordia had Gavin Shuler finish 35th in the boys’ junior varsity race in 24:18.38.
CLAY CENTER INVITATIONAL
Wamego 34, Clay Center 84, Sacred Heart 114, Abilene 115, Riley County 131, Southeast of Saline 139, Chapman 192, Smoky Valley 206, Minneapolis 208, Concordia 218.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Dodson, Riley County, 17:40.72; 2. Sandquist, Sacred Heart, 18:08.74; 3. Siebold, Clay Center, 18:11.55; 4. Smith, Marysville, 18:12.96; 5. Davis, Wamego, 18:22.87; 6. Scherer, Wamego, 18:33.14; 7. Schwarting, Abilene, 18:40.53; 8. Bates, Wamego, 18:47.52; 9. Chrest, Wamego, 18:48.57; 10. Brown, Sacred Heart, 18:49.77.
Clay Center 72, Southeast of Saline 80, Sacred Heart 91, Concordia 98, Wamego 98, Riley County 151, Minneapolis 157, Smoky Valley 178, Abilene 216.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Seufert, Wamego, 16:50.37; 2. Stutterheim, Southeast of Saline, 17:11.98; 3. Pettay, Wamego, 17:18.77; 4. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:21.92; 5. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:23.51; 6. Elmore, Sacred Heart, 17:26.10; 7. Achterberg, Minneapolis, 17:30.43; 8. Monzon, Concordia, 17:39.40; 9. Silvia, Riley County, 17:41.51; 10. Collins, Riley County, 17:44.91.
LUCAS – In what turned out to be a pitchers' duel, Beloit Blues downed Citizens National Bank 2-0 in the K-18 State Championship game here last night. Beloit scored the only two runs of the game in the third inning. Billy Bechard pitched all seven innings for Citizens,... [More]
LUCAS — Citizens National Bank advanced to the championship game of the 64th Annual K-18 Baseball State Tournament by slipping past Hoisington 10-8 in the semifinals on Sunday night. The fourth seed out of the East Regional, Citizens National Bank downed Phillipsburg 13-1... [More]
- Blues split twinbill with Clay Center
- Chevrolet-Buick tops Legion, 6-3
- Subway holds on to beat American Legion
- 16th Street Car Wash tops Lions in title game, 13-8
- CNB sweeps Republic County
- Citizens knocks off Clifton-Clyde twice
- Concordia Blues pick up pair of wins over Linn
- 16th Street , Legion post wins
Concordia neighborhoods will observe National Night Out Tuesday, Aug. 4 in a number of ways. Potlucks, ice cream socials and other kinds of parties are planned to mark the occasion. Nine neighborhoods have officially registered to be a part of what's called "America's... [More]
Police Dept. Report Accident–Officers investigated an Accident at 12:50 p.m., July 30, which had occurred in the 1000 block of Lincoln involving a vehicle driven by Carey Casper, Wells, and property owned by Dairy Queen. Arrest––Officers arrested Heath Parsons,... [More]
District Court LIMITED CIVIL Settled: Nex-Tech Wireless, LLC received a judgment of $1,104.46 plus interest and costs from Brenda Marcotte, Concordia. Nex-Tech received a judgment of $3,379.44 plus interest and costs from K'Lynn Barr, Concordia. Mike Strong Inc. dba Mike's Payday... [More]
We will survive . . . Not long ago, an article appeared in the Christian Science Monitor discussing American families who have provided plural presidents in America's history. Google was not a bit helpful, and age has not done one good thing for my memory.... [More]
(Reprinted from December 2000) A surgeon, an engineer and a politician were debating which of their professions was the oldest. “Eve was made from Adam's rib,” said the surgeon, “and that, of course, is a surgical procedure.” “Yes,”... [More]