Nordell signs at Cloud County
Trevor Nordell, the leading hitter for a Concordia High School baseball team that placed second in the Class 4A state tournament last year, has signed with Cloud County Community College.
Nordell, who was a first-team All-North Central Kansas League selection as a catcher, hit .467 his junior year with 26 runs batted in. He scored 26 runs and had 16 stolen bases for a Concordia team that finished 22-2.
Appearing in seven games as a pitcher, Nordell had a 4-1 record with a 2.70 earned run average. He struck out 41 and walked 18 in 23 1/3 innings.
Concordia won a fourth consecutive League championship, and advanced to the state tournament for the second time.
As a sophomore, Nordell hit .474 with 25 runs batted in. He scored 34 runs and was a first-team all-League selection.
Nordell pitched in five games, and was 0-1 with 2.73 earned run average. He struck out 32 in 25 2/3 innings.
Playing in 10 games as a freshman, Nordell hit .419 with nine runs batted in and nine runs scored.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014
- T-Birds topple Trojans, earn home playoff game - Feb. 27, 2014
- CCCC knocks off Colby, ties for third in West - Feb. 27, 2014