Panther golfers win own invitational
Depth proved to be the difference for the Concordia High School golf team.
Posting a four-man score of 309, Concordia finished in a tie for first place with Abilene in the Concordia Invitational Monday at the Concordia American Legion Golf Course.
The first tiebreaker the the next lowest score for each team, and Concordia’s Cooper Holmes and Abilene’s Justin Carroll each shot 86.
It came down to the score of the sixth man for each team.
Logan Widen shot an 87, and Abilene’s Ryan Kreutzer carded a 94, giving the Panthers the team title.
Concordia was led by junior Christian Wetter, who had rounds of 35-37 to shoot 72 and finished in a tie for medalist honors with Abilene’s Marcus Willey, who shot 37-35.
Willey birdied the first playoff hole, and Wetter made a par to finish second.
Senior Micah Fabarez had rounds of 35-40 to finish fourth individually for the Panthers with a 75.
Concordia junior Grant Holmes shot 38-41 to place sixth.
Chase Streeter, a sophomore, was ninth for the Panthers. He had rounds of 44-39 for an 83.
Cooper Holmes, a freshman, went 42-44 for an 86.
Widen, a freshman, had rounds of 46-41.
Chapman finished third as a team with a 344.
Concordia will play in the Marysville Invitational today.
Concordia 309, Abilene 309, Chapman 344, Smith Center 362, Clay Center 376, Marysville 382, Republic County 443.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Willey, Abilene, 72; 2. Wetter, Concordia, 72; 3. Harms, Abilene, 74; 4. Fabarez, Concordia, 75; 5. Chewning, Chapman, 79; 6. Holmes, Concordia, 79; 7. Cooper, Abilene, 80; 8. Ellenbecker, Marysville, 82; 9. Streeter, Concordia, 83; 10. Goodwin, Abilene, 83.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014