Panthers beat Beloit in double overtime
Matthew Davenport threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Billy Bechard in the second overtime to give the Concordia eighth grade football team a 30-24 victory over Beloit Thursday night at Harold M. Clark Stadium.
Concordia and Beloit, both 3-0 going into the game, were tied at 16-16 at the end of regulation.
Dorman scored on a 1-yard run for Concordia in the first overtime, and also ran in the two-point conversion.
Beloit got a touchdown and conversion in the extra period to make it 24-24.
The Panthers kept Beloit out of the end zone in the second overtime, and Davenport’s touchdown pass gave Concordia the victory.
Beloit scored twice in the first quarter to take a 16-0 lead in the game.
Concordia would shut Beloit out the next three quarters.
The Panthers got an 80-yard touchdown run by Tyler Stupka in the second period.
Dorman ran in the conversion to make it a 16-8 game.
Concordia tied the game when Stupka threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Garrett Lawrence in the third period, and Dorman ran in the conversion.
Stupka finished with 107 yards rushing on 11 carries.
Dorman carried 17 times for 107 yards.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013