Panthers defeat Red Raiders in overtime
WAMEGO — Concordia outscored Wamego 9-3 in overtime to capture a 62-56 victory in junior varsity boys’ basketball play Friday night.
The game was tied at 53-53 at the end of regulation.
Concordia got five points from Ian Nordell, and hit five of seven free throws in the extra period, to pull out the win.
Nordell scored 22 points for the Panthers.
Manny Mares finished with 14 points, and Chase Streeter added 13 for Concordia.
Concordia trailed Wamego 15-13 after one quarter of play.
Each team scored 12 points in the second stanza, and the Red Raiders led 27-25.
The Panthers pumped in 11 points in the third period, to 10 for Wamego, to close the gap to 37-36.
Concordia outscored the Red Raiders 17-16 in the fourth quarter to tie the game and force overtime.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014