Panthers down Beloit, 24-12
The Concordia High School junior varsity football team kicked off their season with a 24-12 win over Beloit in Harold M. Clark Stadium last night.
The Panthers took an 8-0 lead on a five- yard touchdown run by Blaze Payeur and a successful two-point conversion on a pass from Ethan Bechard to Dalton Walters.
Emmanuel Mares ran 20 yards for a second quarter touchdown and Bechard hooked up with Payeur on the conversion to give Concordia a 16-0 lead.
Beloit scored in the second quarter to make the halftime score 16-6.
Mares rounded out the Panthers’ scoring with an 84-yard kickoff return to start the second half.
He also ran in the conversion giving Concordia a 24-6 lead.
Beloit added a touchdown in the fourth quarter for the 24-12 final.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014