Panthers edge Marysville
Concordia edged Marysville 22-21 in eighth grade girls’ basketball play Thursday at the Concordia Junior-Senior High School gymnasium.
The Panthers jumped out to a 13-2 lead in the first quarter.
Marysville pumped in eight points in the second stanza, and limited Concordia to just two, to make it 15-10 at halftime.
The Panthers allowed just two points in the third quarter, and scored three, to go up 18-12.
Marysville outscored Concordia 9-4 in the final period to make it a 22-21 game.
Jordan Eshbaugh paced the Panthers with nine points, and Cameron Collins added eight points.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 12-2 by Marysville.
Marysville was up 9-0 at halftime, and outscored Concordia 3-2 in the second half.
Jissel Garcia scored two points for Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014