Panthers lose, 50-40
Concordia capped off the regular season by defeating Clay Center 33-21 in seventh grade boys' basketball play Thursday night.
The Panthers had a slim 10-9 lead after one quarter.
Concordia limited Clay Center to three points in the second stanza, and scored six to go up 16-12 at halftime.
The Panthers outscored Clay Center 8-2 in the third quarter, and led 24-14.
Concordia added nine points in the final period to seven for Clay Center.
Corben Monzon led the way for Concordia with 19 points. Caden Williams added six points.
The Concordia B-team lost 25-13 to Clay Center.
Clay Center led the game 17-6 at halftime and scored eight points in the second half to seven for the Panthers.
Beau Bonebrake scored seven points for Concordia.
Concordia will play in the North Central Kansas League Tournament next week in Marysville.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014