Panthers lose at Clay Center
CLAY CENTER — Unable to battle back from a 13-point halftime deficit, the Concordia eighth grade girls’ basketball team fell 31-21 to Clay Center on Thursday.
Concordia was held scoreless in the first quarter, and trailed 9-0.
Clay Center outscored the Panthers 10-6 in the second stanza to go up 19-6 at halftime.
Concordia scored five points in the third quarter to seven for Clay Center, and it was a 26-11 game.
The Panthers tossed in 10 points in the final period to five for Clay Center.
Jordan Eshbaugh led Concordia with eight points. Cameron Collins chipped in six points.
The Concordia B-team lost 34-15 to Clay Center.
Concordia was down 19-4 at halftime.
Clay Center scored 15 points in the second half to 11 for the Panthers.
Addy Johnson scored four points for Concordia. Kelsey Kearn added three points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014